If you are a self-starter, thrive working in a startup environment, and salary is of a secondary importance to you then continue reading.
We are looking for a front-end developer responsible for the client side of our platform. Your primary focus will be to implement a complete user interface in the form of a web app, with a focus on performance.
Your main duties will include creating modules and components, and coupling them together into a functional app. The artistic design will be delivered to you, together with a few HTML templates, but we will ask for your help in regard to CSS, and final HTML output.
Supervised by a senior front-end developer, you will work in a team with the back-end developers, and communicate with the API using standard methods.
A thorough understanding of all of the components of our platform and infrastructure is required.
- Delivering a complete front end application
- Ensuring high performance on mobile and desktop
- Coordinating the workflow between the graphic designer, the HTML coder, and yourself
- Cooperating with the back-end developers in the process of building the RESTful API
- Communicating with external web services
Skills and Qualifications
- 5-7 years experience working as a front-end developer in a startup environment
- Professional, precise communication skills
- Knowledge of AngularJS practices and commonly used modules
- Knowledge of CSS and JS methods for providing performant visual effects
- Understanding of the responsibilities of the platform, database, API, caching layer, proxies, and other web services used in the system
- Experience with all levels of operation available to the front-end, such as from creating XHRs in vanilla JS to using a custom wrapper around $resource
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets
- Architecting and automating the build process for production, using task runners or scripts using tools like gulp/grunt/bower/npm
- Documenting the code inline using JSDoc or other conventions
CDN$50, 000-$60, 000 + 1% equity vested over 4 years.
This job is only open to Canadian citizens/residents residing in Canada. Our team is located in Ottawa but we are open to hire a remote team member who has the option to work from any location within Canada’s borders.
Please surf our website and make sure you love what we are working on. We don’t work 9-5 hours and we don’t micro manage. We are a results-oriented team and we hold each other accountable by the tasks we complete and the outcome we all aim for.
If you are interested, email your resume to email@example.com. We will be in touch with you, if we believe there is a good fit. Emailing us a url to a three-minute video explaining why you are a good fit for this job would be a huge plus.